SPN Communications project won the key professional award of event-industry in Russia "bema!". The All-Russian innovative journalism contest "Tech in Media '2017", implemented by the agency for the Russian Venture Company (RVC), took second place in "The Best Press Event of the Year" nomination.
The history of Tech in Media began in 2011, when the RVC launched the contest "Innovations through the eyes of journalists", in which 120 people took part. In 2014, RVC restarted the competition, turning it into a comprehensive project for the development of Russian innovative journalism Tech in Media. The Board of Trustees was led by Nobel laureate Sir Richard Roberts (Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1993 for the discovery of the intermittent structure of the gene).
The main objective of the competition is to encourage and stimulate the activities of journalists covering the topic of scientific developments, successful examples of their commercialization, and attracting the attention of broad sections of society to the issues of technological development in Russia. Professional journalists, regular and freelance journalists, as well as registered central and regional media - TV channels, radio stations, print media with any periodicity of exit, Internet media, Internet TV channels published by media universities, as well as Internet blogs are invited to participate in the competition.
As part of the project, the SPN Communications team organized a series of special events dedicated to scientific journalism in Russia:
The competition Launch was held on June 16th in the world's first gadget-restaurant Gadget Studio in Moscow. Event format: fascinating interviews. Within the four blocks with speeches by the speakers, four areas of this year's competition were presented. More than 100 journalists visited the closed event.
· September 11th - master class on scientific communications by the BBC Radio producer Julian Siddle
· September 15th - the end of the application for the tracks "Life Sciences" and "Artificial Intelligence"
· September 16th - master class with Ivin Finn, an expert on scientific communications from Great Britain in Novosibirsk
· September 25th - the end of receipt of applications for the tracks "Venture Business" and "New Energy"
· October 3rd -7th - participation in the Russian Energy Week 2017
· October 8th - participation in the Closing Ceremony of the Festival of Science and the Press Briefing with Steve Wozniak
· October 12th -13th - annual international conference in Samara «Neurocomputer Interface: Science and Practice»
· October 16th-18th- Award Ceremony at the event "Open Innovations"
· November 26th - press tour to Noginsk, Tavrida Electric
· November 28th - an anniversary meeting of scientists 100 "a pot of ideas"
· November 29th - participation in the Ecosystem of Innovations forum.
October 16 at the Moscow International "Open Innovations" forum the finals of the contest in the field of innovative journalism Tech in Media took place, where the victors were named. In 2017, the competition received more than 540 commissions from 30 regions of Russia. The authors submitted to the jury a publication on four thematic tracks "Venture business", "New energy", "Artificial intelligence" and "Life Sciences".
To see the full list of finalists and the terms of the competition, please visit www.Tech-in-media.ru.
The "bema!" Award is a professional annual award of the event marketing and integrated communications industry. The contest was founded by professional edition of Live Communications Magazine. Development of event marketing and creation of a platform for exchanging experience and strengthening the professional community is the main objective of this award.
RVC is a state fund of funds, the institute of venture industry development in Russian Federation. The main objectives of RVC's activities are: to stimulate creation of a venture investment industry in Russia and to fulfill the Project Office of the National Technological Initiative (STI) functions. The authorized capital of RVC is more than 30 billion rubles. 100% of the capital of RVC belongs to Russian Federation in the person of the Federal State Property Management Agency of the Russian Federation (Rosimuschestvo). The total number of funds formed by RVC reached 26, their total size is 35.1 billion rubles. The share of RVC equals 22.5 billion rubles. The number of innovation companies approved for investment by RVC funds reached 214. The total amount of funds approved for investment is 17 billion rubles.